The Best Cork Wood Flooring at Great Prices
Find the best cork flooring at Floor & Decor. We offer a large selection of high-quality cork wood flooring from trusted brands like Eco Forest, perfect for fitting in various rooms around the home like the living room or dining space. Shop today for all your cork flooring needs.
Top Quality Cork Flooring for Homes and Businesses
Made from cork oak trees, cork flooring is an increasingly popular type of flooring. It has a lot of advantages, such as its affordability, sustainability, naturally cushioned texture, and strong insulating properties. Cork flooring is comfortable to walk over and masks noise well. Cork wood flooring is also hypoallergenic and antimicrobial. Plus, it's easy to install and eco-friendly too.
There are many reasons to make cork flooring a part of your next flooring project, and you can buy the best cork wood flooring right here at Floor & Decor. We offer various styles, from smooth cork plank flooring to patterned cork flooring and gray cork floors too. So whatever your tastes happen to be, you'll find the right cork floors for you right here.
Top Advantages of Cork Flooring
- Eco-friendly flooring solution: Cork flooring comes from the bark of the cork oak tree. This bark is hand-harvested every 9 years, making it a highly renewable resource. Cork is also biodegradable and easily recyclable.
- Comfort: Cork is innately soft, providing a cushioned surface ideal for flooring in areas where you may spend long periods of time on your feet.
- Hypoallergenic and antimicrobial: Cork floors are naturally resistant to mold and mildew.
- Easy to maintain: After being sealed, cork flooring can last for years to come with proper care and regular cleaning.
- Quick installation: Floating cork floors can be quickly installed over concrete and existing hard floors with a vapor barrier underlayment.
- Durable: Cork is a very durable product and is impact resistant. It will naturally compress and reform to its natural shape over time, making it a truly resilient flooring option.
Order Cork Wood Flooring Today from Floor Decor
Whatever kind of cork flooring you need, Floor & Decor can help you find it, offering the best prices and the friendliest customer service for all. Here are just a few reasons to buy cork flooring from us:
- A varied selection of high-quality cork flooring products
- Various colors and styles to choose from
- Friendly and helpful customer support
- A trusted brand in the flooring industry with years of experience
Take a look at all of our cork flooring products and place your order today.
Cork Flooring Frequently Asked Questions
Are cork floors hard to maintain?
Although cork is not maintenance-free, cork flooring is relatively low maintenance. With proper sealing, cork will stand up against spills and accidents. It’s easy to clean—simply go over the floor with a sweep or dust mop to free the floor of any debris that could leave scratches or wear down the finish. To provide an extra clean, we recommend using water-based cleaners.
Is cork flooring waterproof?
The naturally occurring wax in cork makes it innately water resistant, but not waterproof. Although cork isn’t a difficult wood floor to maintain, it’s important to remember that cork can absorb liquid if left standing for too long, leaving behind water stains. That being said, our engineered floors are treated to withstand humidity and temperature changes, meaning that under reasonable conditions, your cork floors should stand up against moisture well.
Do you need underlayment for cork flooring?
Underlayment is a thin layer or material that is installed beneath hardwood flooring that provides sound absorption, moisture protection, thermal protection, and softness underfoot. For most cork flooring, a vapor barrier will be needed when installing over concrete subfloors. For more specific underlayment instructions for your flooring product, you can view your installation document.
Does cork flooring scratch easily?
Although no hardwood flooring is totally scratch-resistant, cork flooring does offer some advantages when it comes to resisting dents and scrapes over time. Cork is naturally impact resistant and flexible, allowing it to absorb shock. The grain of cork also conveniently masks the appearance of scratches. That being said, it’s best to have the expectation that your flooring will show some wear overtime.
Is cork a good choice for kitchen flooring?
Cork is a great choice for kitchen flooring for many reasons. Cork is inherently softer than other hardwood flooring choices, providing more comfortable footing for those who enjoy spending long hours in the kitchen cooking meals for loved ones. Cork floors are also antimicrobial, fire-resistant, and resistant to spills and accidents that aren’t uncommon in the kitchen.
Can cork flooring be installed over concrete?
Yes, cork flooring can be installed over concrete with the use of a vapor barrier underlayment. Cork flooring and cork floor tiles have a simple and easy float installation process. It sits well over concrete and other existing floor types.
How is cork flooring made?
Wondering what cork flooring is, or what the process of making this material involves? Cork flooring is made by harvesting the bark of oak cork trees. The material is ground and processed into sheets before being baked in a kiln, then compressed with an adhesive resin. The finished product can be used for tiles or plank flooring.